Raw Vegan Kale & Cashewnut Pesto
|Kale||1⁄2 Pound, washed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (organic)|
|Coconut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grounded|
|Nasturtium||2 Gram, rinsed and chopped|
|Basil||2 Gram, rinsed and chopped|
|Garlic chives||20 Gram, rinsed and chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Nutritional yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Cashew||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked|
1. Remove the stem of the kale and set aside.
2. In a blending jar take kale, olive oil, coconut oil and salt. Blend well to make paste.
3. Add in the lemon juice and black pepper. Blend again.
4. Add in nasturtium, basil, chives, garlic and nutritional yeast. Blend well for few minutes.
5. Stir in the cashew and pulse the grinder 5 times.
6. Serve Kale Pesto with whole grain pasta and enjoy!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1332 Calories from Fat 1016
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g176.3%
Saturated Fat 35.2 g175.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4730.6 mg197.1%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g43%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 25 g49.3%
Vitamin A 702.7% Vitamin C 510.6%
Calcium 41.9% Iron 58.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet