|Eggplant||1 Pound, peeled, if desired (1 Piece)|
|Canned low sodium cocktail vegetable juice||6 Ounce (1 Can / 3/4 Cup)|
|Oat bran hot cereal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, chopped|
|Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese||5 Ounce (1 1/4 Cups)|
1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Line a cookie sheet or 15 x 10-inch baking pan with foil.
3. Lightly spray using vegetable oil cooking spray or oil lightly.
4. On prepared pan place eggplant cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices in single layer.
5. Combine vegetable juice, oat bran, garlic, basil and oregano.
6. Spread evenly over eggplant and top with tomatoes.
7. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
8. Let it bake 35 to 40 minutes or until eggplant is tender and cheese is melted.
9. Sprinkle with additional basil or oregano, if desired.