Turkey Pesto Meatballs With Zucchini And Pasta
|Fresh basil leaves||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Packed For Measuring)|
|Ground turkey||1 1⁄2 Pound (California Grown)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh garlic cloves||3 Large, minced|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth/Turkey broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Fine egg noodles||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Thinly sliced zucchini||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Basil sprigs||8 (For Garnish)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
1) Finely chop the basil leaves in a food processor or blender.
2) Take a large bowl and mix basil leaves with turkey, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, salt and pepper with fork (be careful not to mix with hands as the meat will become tough).
3) With your hands, figure the mixture into small balls.
4) Take a large nonstick skillet; heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in it and fry half the meatballs until browned on all sides.
5) With a slotted spoon, remove the balls from pan and prepare more meatballs with remaining oil.
6) Transfer the first batch of meatballs back to skillet and bring to a boil after pouring in broth.
7) Simmer for 12 minutes after reducing heat and repeat the same for second batch.
8) After 8 minutes, follow the package directions and cook noodles in boiling water.
9) Meanwhile, mix zucchini with meatballs and cook until crisp-soft being careful not to overcook.
10) In warmed shallow bowls, serve meatballs and zucchini over cooked pasta and flavor with sprig of basil and more Parmesan cheese.
Calories 788 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.7%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 262 mg87.3%
Sodium 824.3 mg34.3%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 49 g98.6%
Vitamin A 110.6% Vitamin C 44.3%
Calcium 45.3% Iron 42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet