Tangy Asparagus Linguine
|Reduced-calorie margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Fresh asparagus||8 Ounce, peeled and sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (1/4 Cup)|
|Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese||3 Ounce (Use Light Fancy Variety)|
1) Follow package instructions to cook linguine and drain, when done.
2) In the meantime, in a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in hot melted margarine over medium heat until tender.
3) Stir in asparagus and sauté for 2 minutes.
4) Simmer the mixture for 1 minute after pouring in wine and lemon juice.
5) Add seasoning and take off the skillet from heat.
6) In a large bowl, put drained pasta and add in the onion mixture.
7) Top with Parmesan cheese and stir to coat lightly.
8) Add mozzarella cheese over the top after transferring the pasta mixture to a serving platter.
9) If desired, flavor with lemon zest strips and serve at once.