Artichokes With Al Pesto Butter
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Softened butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) Trim the stems off the base of the artichokes.
2) Cut each by 1-inch from the top.
3) Pull off the discolored leaves and cut off their spike ends.
4) Wash the artichokes in cold water and drain.
5) Tie each with a twine to hold the leaves in place.
6) In a pot, mix 6 quarts water, olive oil, lemon juice, bay leaves, 1 split clove of garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper and boil.
7) Place the artichokes in boiling water, then lower the heat.
8) Place a lid and simmer for 30 minutes, till tender.
9) Drain and discard the twine.
10) In a bowl, add the butter and cream well.
11) Add in the pine nuts, remaining pressed garlic, basil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and thyme and whip till well blended.
12) Keep aside 1 tablespoon parsley and mix in the remaining into the butter mix.
13) Turn into a serving dish.
14) Sprinkle with the reserved parsley.
15) Serve with hot artichokes.