Creamy Gnocchi Alla Romana
|Milk||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Farina||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Pound|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Boil the milk and sprinkle the farina on the top. Keep stirring.
3. Bring it to boil and keep cooking on low flame for 3 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and add some butter and grated cheese. Use salt, pepper and nutmeg to season.
5. Beat the eggs with farina mixture.
6. Take a buttered jelly-roll pan and pour and spread the paste evenly until 1/2 inch thick.
7. Keep it paste for several hours until it becomes firm and cold.
8. Use a knife to slice the paste into 1 1/2 -inch squares.
9. Roll the pieces to the size and shape of walnuts.
10. Take a buttered baking dish and place the rolls.
12. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the top.
13. Take a saucepan and melt the remaining butter with gnocchi. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top.
14. Place in the center of a preheated and cook for 30 minutes to make gnocchi pale golden.
15. Serve hot in a serving dish.