Scallops With Linguine And Spinach
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Slivered red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Uncooked linguine||3⁄4 Pound|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed and drained (1 Package)|
|Cooked scallops||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Feta cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), coarsely crumbled|
1) In a large heavy skillet, over medium-low heat, sauté onion, bell pepper, garlic and ground red pepper in hot oil for about 10 minutes, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender.
2) Stir in lemon juice, brown sugar, lemon peel, salt and black pepper and cook for 1 minute.
3) In the meantime, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes until soft and add in spinach about one minute before the end of cooking time.
4) Drain pasta and spinach well and transfer the mixture to a large, warm serving bowl.
5) Pour onion mixture over and stir well to coat.
6) Add salt and pepper to taste and then stir in warmed scallops.
7) Add feta cheese and serve hot.