Linguine With Pumpkin Pork Sauce
|Boneless pork loin chops||1 1⁄4 Pound, sliced in 1/4-inch strips|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Green apple||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), peeled, cored and thinly sliced (1 Large)|
|Maple syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Solid pack pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), skimmed (Low Fat)|
|Dried tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry linguine||3⁄4 Pound, cooked, drained and kept warm|
1) Use a plastic bag to dust the pork with flour.
2) In a large skillet, heat up oil to sauté pork with onions until pork is no longer pink.
3) Remove from pan and keep warm.
4) Fold in apple and maple syrup to pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until apple is tender.
5) Remove from pan and keep warm.
6) Pour in broth and pumpkin to same pan; mix well.
7) Gradually add evaporated milk.
8) Season with tarragon, salt and pepper.
9) Remove from heat and gradually add mustard.
10) Combine the pork and apple with the mixture.
11) Serve the pork sauce over the linguine, just before serving.