|Red peppers||1 1⁄2 Pound (3 Large Pieces)|
|Yellow peppers||1 Pound (2 Large Pieces)|
|Green peppers||1 Pound (2 Large Pieces)|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||18 Ounce (Two 9 Ounce Packages)|
|Olive oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Small, minced|
|Pitted black olives||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned flat anchovies||2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1. Wash peppers; drain well.
2. Place peppers on rack over broiler pan; broil, 4 inches from heat, until peppers become blistered and charred—about 15 minutes. With tongs, turn peppers every 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Place hot peppers in a large plastic bag. Let stand 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook artichokes according to package directions; drain. Cool completely.
5. With sharp knife, peel off charred skin of peppers. Cut each pepper into eighths. Remove stems, ribs and seeds.
6. Make Dressing: In large bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic.
7. In each of two 1-quart jars, layer 168 HOLIDAY GIFTS vegetables, olives and anchovies. Pour dressing into jars, dividing evenly. Cover; label. Refrigerate overnight to develop flavor. Keeps well up to 1 week. Delicious served as an appetizer or used in a tossed salad.