Spicy Tuna And Linguine With Garlic And Pine Nuts
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped plum tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or More)|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Linguine||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned white tuna||12 Ounce, drained, chunked (1 Can)|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Toasted pine nuts/Almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) In a 12-inch skillet, heated over medium-high heat, sauté garlic, mushrooms, onion and red pepper in hot olive oil until golden brown.
2) Bring this to a boil after adding in tomatoes, chicken broth mixture, salt and black pepper.
3) In a skillet, put separated strands of uncooked linguine and add cooked tomato sauce.
4) Minimize heat and cover and simmer for 4 more minutes until done.
5) Stir gently and mix in tuna and cilantro by tossing again.
6) Serve hot after adding pine nuts.