|Mostaccioli/Ziti/other medium shape pasta||1 Pound (Uncooked)|
|Broccoli head/Cauliflower||1 , cut into small florets|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Low sodium chicken broth||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Follow the package direction to prepare pasta.
2) Stir in broccoli, just 3 minutes before pasta is done.
3) Drain water from the saucepan, and transfer the ingredients in a large bowl.
4) In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup water.
5) In large saucepan, add garlic and chicken broth.
6) Simmer the liquid for 3 minutes over medium heat.
7) Add cornstarch mixture and whisk.
8) Fold in mixed vegetables and spinach.
9) Cook for another 5 minutes or until heated through.
10) Toss sauce and vegetable mixture with pasta.
11) Serve the pasta by seasoning with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Calories 673 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg9.1%
Sodium 715.7 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.8%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.1%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 34 g68.9%
Vitamin A 214.7% Vitamin C 131.1%
Calcium 47.3% Iron 31.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet