Granita Al Caffe
|Strong black coffee||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Set refrigerator to the coldest 1 hour before preparing the recipe.
2) In a pan put 1/2 cup of water and melt 4 tablespoons of sugar over moderate heat.
3) Stir to dissolve the sugar.
4) Boil for 5 minutes.
5) Turn off heat and let the syrup cool.
6) Mix coffee and pour into ice cube trays.
7) It is best to place dividers into trays to let ice set in cubes.
8) Freeze for at least 3 hours.
9) Scrape the frozen crystals with a fork formed around the edges.
10) Unmold into a bowl. Crush lightly with a pestle or break with a fork.
11) Put into individual glasses and serve immediately.
12) Serve whipped cream sweetened with the remaining sugar separately with it.