Granita Al Caffe
|Strong black coffee||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Set refrigerator to the coldest 1 hour before preparing the recipe.
2) In a pan put 1/2 cup of water and melt 4 tablespoons of sugar over moderate heat.
3) Stir to dissolve the sugar.
4) Boil for 5 minutes.
5) Turn off heat and let the syrup cool.
6) Mix coffee and pour into ice cube trays.
7) It is best to place dividers into trays to let ice set in cubes.
8) Freeze for at least 3 hours.
9) Scrape the frozen crystals with a fork formed around the edges.
10) Unmold into a bowl. Crush lightly with a pestle or break with a fork.
11) Put into individual glasses and serve immediately.
12) Serve whipped cream sweetened with the remaining sugar separately with it.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 966 Calories from Fat 390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.3%
Saturated Fat 27.6 g138.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.4 mg54.8%
Sodium 45.6 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 101.2 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 35.3% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 0.24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet