|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Bread flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg white||1 Large, beaten|
|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl dissolve fast rise yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup of warm water. Set it aside for 5 minutes until foamy.
3. In an electric mixing bowl add the yeast mixture, flour, sea salt and warm water. Beat until combined.
4. Stir in the olive oil and beat again for 6 minutes until smooth and elastic.
5. Place the dough on a floured board and knead it until smooth. Take a large mixing bowl greased with oil and place the dough into the bowl. Cover the bowl with a cloth and set it aside in a warm place to rise double the size for 1 1/2 hours.
6. After 1 1/2 hours, divide the dough into half and roll the dough out on a floured board into a rectangular shape and then roll it into a cylindrical shape. Place these rolls on a pan and set them aside covered to rise for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, using a sharp knife make incisions on the risen dough for decoration and brush it with egg white. Sprinkle some poppy seeds over the loaves and bake them in the preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
8. Once done, remove and let the loaves cool on rack before slicing.
9. Serve these Italian-style loves with hot soup.
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 198.9 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 2% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet