Egg Noodles And Vegetables With Pesto
|Egg noodles||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon, divided|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm)|
|Basil leaves||3 Cup (48 tbs), lightly packed|
|Spinach||3 Cup (48 tbs), lightly packed|
|Nonfat italian salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Broccoli florets||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cauliflower florets||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, cut into strips|
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||2 Pint, cut in halves|
|Shredded asiago cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Follow package instructions to cook noodles and drain well.
2) In a large bowl, put the drained noodles and stir with 1 tablespoon oil.
3) To prepare pesto, briefly process garlic in a food processor until chopped.
4) Add in basil and chop finely by processing using on/off pulsing action and then place on a medium bowl.
5) Chop spinach finely in the processor and then add in salad dressing and 3 tablespoons of olive oil, processing briefly to mix well.
6) Mix this with the basil mixture.
7) In a large nonstick skillet or wok, allow the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to be heated over medium heat.
8) Stir in broccoli, cauliflower and onions and cook, covered for 5 minutes, stirring only when needed.
9) Uncover and cook the mixture for 5 minutes, after adding in mushrooms and red pepper flakes, until vegetables are crisp-soft.
10) To the cooked noodles, add vegetable mixture, tomatoes and pesto and stir well to blend.
11) Top with cheese and serve after garnishing with fresh basil.
Calories 939 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.6%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 110.1 mg36.7%
Sodium 709.7 mg29.6%
Total Carbohydrates 140 g46.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50.1%
Sugars 24.7 g
Protein 33 g66.9%
Vitamin A 203% Vitamin C 459.7%
Calcium 39.8% Iron 34.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet