Egg Noodles And Vegetables With Pesto
|Egg noodles||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon, divided|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm)|
|Basil leaves||3 Cup (48 tbs), lightly packed|
|Spinach||3 Cup (48 tbs), lightly packed|
|Nonfat italian salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Broccoli florets||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cauliflower florets||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, cut into strips|
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||2 Pint, cut in halves|
|Shredded asiago cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Follow package instructions to cook noodles and drain well.
2) In a large bowl, put the drained noodles and stir with 1 tablespoon oil.
3) To prepare pesto, briefly process garlic in a food processor until chopped.
4) Add in basil and chop finely by processing using on/off pulsing action and then place on a medium bowl.
5) Chop spinach finely in the processor and then add in salad dressing and 3 tablespoons of olive oil, processing briefly to mix well.
6) Mix this with the basil mixture.
7) In a large nonstick skillet or wok, allow the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to be heated over medium heat.
8) Stir in broccoli, cauliflower and onions and cook, covered for 5 minutes, stirring only when needed.
9) Uncover and cook the mixture for 5 minutes, after adding in mushrooms and red pepper flakes, until vegetables are crisp-soft.
10) To the cooked noodles, add vegetable mixture, tomatoes and pesto and stir well to blend.
11) Top with cheese and serve after garnishing with fresh basil.