Risotto Alla Milanese
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Italian Or Short Grain)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Powdered saffron||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
1. Chop the marrow bone into many pieces such that it can be easily extracted along with a skewer. It measures to 1/3 cup.
2. Remove the skin of onion and chop it finely.
3. Take a heavy bottomed pan and melt half of the butter in it. Saute the onions over it until they appear translucent.
4. Stir in the marrow.
5. Empty the wine over the onion and boil it briskly until the mixture is just reduced to its half.
6. Add in rice and continue sauting until the rice begins to change its color.
7. Add the boiling stock and stir it well until it gets completely absorbed in rice. Add the boiling stock in very gradual manner.
8. Add all the stock and mix it with the saffron. Stir the mixture well.
9. Cook the rice for about 15-20 minutes until it becomes extra soft.
10. If you want to avoid the rice from drying out then it is better to sprinkle little hot water over the pan.
11. Serve immediately after stirring in the remaining butter and grated cheese.