Stuffed Italian Zucchini
|Zucchini||2 , cut in half|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated (Kraft)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Trim ends of zucchini and scoop out centers, leaving 1/4-inch shell.
3. Chop zucchini removed from centers.
4. Saute zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, onion and basil in margarine.
5. Stir in cottage cheese, spoon into shells and in 9-inch square pan place it.
6. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and let it bake 15 minutes.
7. Microwave Directions: Omit margarine and prepare shells.
8. In microwave-safe 1 1/2-quart bowl microwave zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, onion and basil on High 2 to 4 minutes or until tender.
9. Stir in cottage cheese.
10. Spoon into shells and place in microwave-safe baking dish.
11. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
12. Microwave on High 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.7 mg3.6%
Sodium 333.5 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 117.1%
Calcium 21% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet