Stuffed Italian Zucchini
|Zucchini||2 , cut in half|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated (Kraft)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Trim ends of zucchini and scoop out centers, leaving 1/4-inch shell.
3. Chop zucchini removed from centers.
4. Saute zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, onion and basil in margarine.
5. Stir in cottage cheese, spoon into shells and in 9-inch square pan place it.
6. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and let it bake 15 minutes.
7. Microwave Directions: Omit margarine and prepare shells.
8. In microwave-safe 1 1/2-quart bowl microwave zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, onion and basil on High 2 to 4 minutes or until tender.
9. Stir in cottage cheese.
10. Spoon into shells and place in microwave-safe baking dish.
11. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
12. Microwave on High 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.