Portobello Chicken Vindaloo
|Chicken||4 , halved|
|Ghee/Oil||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Ginger||12 1⁄2 Gram, peeled|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 Gram)|
|Turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground (2.5 Gram)|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Chicken stock/Water||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter/1 1/4 Cups)|
1) Cut the chillies lengthwise and deseed.
2) Take cold salted water in a bowl and soak the chillies for an hour. Change the water intermittently.
3) Take the chillies off water and mince thinly.
4) Heat oil in a pan and add chicken pieces to it. Fry the chicken on all sides till it turns brown. Remove from oil and keep aside.
5) In the oil, fry onion, garlic, spices and chilli till it changes colour.
6) Mix in remaining ingredients and cook covered in simmering heat. Cook the chicken for 45 to 55 minutes till its tender.
7) Add water if required.
8) Season with salt.
9) Serve chicken with plain boiled rice. Chutney or a chilled salad is a terrific combo with Portobello Chicken Vindaloo.