Open Face Antipasto Melts
|Red onion||2 , separated into rings|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green bell pepper||4 , cut in halves|
|Radishes||2 , thinly sliced|
|Italian salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|French bread loaf||1 (12 Inch)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salami/Bologna / turkey / roast beef / ham||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Alfalfa sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese slices/Swiss cheese||4 1⁄2 Ounce|
1) Take a small mixing bowl and combine onion, mushrooms, green pepper and radishes in it.
2) Mix in Italian salad dressing to this and allow marinating for 15 to 20 minutes.
3) Drain vegetables after discarding the marinade and keep aside.
4) Apply mayonnaise on each half of French loaf cut lengthwise.
5) Make a mixture of sliced meat, tomato, marinated vegetables and alfalfa sprouts.
6) Layer each half with this combination and then a layer of cheese and place on roasting rack.
7) Allow the cheese to melt by microwaving for 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 minutes at Power 7, rotating rack halfway through cooking cycle.
8) Serve hot.