Venetian Green Beans With Tomatoes
|Fresh green beans||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes/2 cups canned plum tomatoes, drained and chopped||3 Large, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Snipped fresh basil/1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed||1 Tablespoon|
|Snipped oregano/1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the beans thoroughly.
2. Take a 2-quart saucepan and add water in small amount, cover and cook beans for 7 to 9 minutes or till it turns barely tender.
3. Drain excessive water.
4. Take a 10-inch skillet, add olive oil and heat it.
5. Stir in drained beans and toss thoroughly to coat.
6. Mix garlic, oregano, tomatoes, parsley and basil and boil rapidly for about a minute for evaporating the juice.
7. Slow down the heat to low and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes till beans become tender.
8. Add salt and pepper and cheese and serve chilled or warm.