Red Onion Mushroom And Polenta Tart
|Instant polenta||140 Gram|
|Grated parmesan||50 Gram|
|Sun dried tomatoes in oil||4 , drained and chopped|
|Fresh thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1 , cut into thin wedges|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Chestnut mushrooms||170 Gram, some halved, some sliced|
|Grated cheddar||85 Gram, grated|
1. Turn on the grill on High
2. Grease a large baking sheet with oil
3. Into a large saucepan, measure and add 600ml water.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Tip in the polenta and stir until it comes to a boil.
6. Reduce the flame and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until very thick.
7. Take pan off the heat and add parmesan, sundried tomatoes and half of the thyme.
8. Mix well.
9. Turn mixture onto the baking tray and spread into an even layered circle of 9 inches.
10. Place baking sheet under the grill for about 10 minutes until polenta is slightly firm and golden brown.
11. Meanwhile, take a sauté pan and heat oil.
12. Sauté the garlic and onion until soft and lightly browned.
13. Add mushrooms and sauté for another 3 minutes.
14. When the polenta base it slightly set, remove from under the grill.
15. Spoon the mushroom mixture over the base and sprinkle cheese and the remaining thyme.
16. Return to the grill to melt the cheese and heat through.
17. Cut into wedges and serve warm.