This beautiful chicken dish provides an elegant and fulfilling meal. It takes no time to make and can be done all in one frying pan or dutch oven. I'm not huge on a strong lemon flavor, but this dish really provides a nice subtle touch
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Clove (10 gm), dice
1. Slice the chicken into ¼ inch thick slices and using a meat tenderizer pound the meat.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat a pan with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Dredge the chicken in the flour and fry them in the pan over medium heat until brown on all sides.
5. Once done remove and set it aside.
6. Pour water, lemon juice, capers and garlic into the frying pan and stir.
7. Deglaze the chicken from the bottom of the pan.
8. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium high heat for about 10 minutes.
9. Once the sauce is thickened reduce heat to low and simmer and at this point adjust the taste of lemon juice and add about a 1/4 cup of water and cook a little longer.
10. Add the chicken to the thickened sauce and cover and cook for 10 minutes.