This recipe is is perfect all year in every season. Fajioli means beans in Italian - I like to use cannellini beans.
2 Medium, finely chopped
1 Medium, finely chopped
5 Clove (25 gm), crush
30 Ounce, rinsed
8 Cup (128 tbs), divided
Chicken broth/Vegetable broth
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
Grated romano cheese
1. Preheat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the onions and sauté over medium low heat.
3. Add garlic and stir cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add in bay leaf, carrots and celery. Stir and put cover on.
5. Simmer for 8 minutes over low heat.
6. In another pan pour 6 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
7. Cook the pasta as per instructions on box. Drain when cooked.
8. Once carrots and celery are soft add in can of tomatoes, beans, 2 cups of water and broth, and stir.
9. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for about 10-20 more minutes.
10. When done add the pasta and combine, season with salt and pepper.
11. Serve with a sprinkle of grated romano cheese.