Sauteed New England Wild Mushrooms Over Stoneground Cornmeal Polenta
|Chicken stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wild mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shallots||2 , thinly sliced|
|Minced garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Assorted sliced wild mushrooms||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|For cornmeal polenta|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped mixed fresh herbs||1 Tablespoon (Such As Parsley, Rosemary And Thyme)|
1. For making the sauce, in a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil; until it is reduced to 1 cup.
2. Lower the flame. Whisk in the cream and simmer until the sauce thickens.
3. Set aside.
4. For preparing the mushrooms, in a large heavy bottomed sauté pan, melt butter.
5. Add shallots, garlic and mushrooms and sauté, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are lightly browned.
6. Add seasonings to the pan.
7. 9. For preparing the polenta, in a medium saucepan, combine the butter and milk; heat to a simmer, stirring until butter melts.
8. 10. Gradually add in cornmeal, stirring constantly to avoid formation of lumps.
9. 11. Cook the polenta for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
10. 12. Flavor with herbs and season to taste.
11. 14. Spoon the polenta onto individual serving plates.
12. 15. Top with the mushrooms and ladle the sauce over the mushrooms and polenta Serve hot.
Calories 691 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.3%
Saturated Fat 20.7 g103.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.9 mg35%
Sodium 617.4 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 39 g77.1%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 39.1% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet