Smoked Gouda Alfredo Part 1: Preparation
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||5|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|For the sauce|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Smoked gouda cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), chop|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
GETTING READY -
1. In a container, place the chicken breast and season with salt and pepper.
2. Refrigerate until needed.
3. Prepare the grill.
4. In a saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
5. Add flour and cook the flour until roux is formed, continue whisking for 1 minute.
6. Pour milk, half and half, garlic, salt, pepper and bring to a boil.
7. Pour the white wine and reduce the heat and simmer, stirring continuously.
8. After 5 minutes add your smoked Gouda stir till melted.
9. In the meantime boil water for the pasta.
10. Once the water starts to boil add the fettuccini and cook until al dente.
11. Grill the chicken breast until done, slice the chicken, set aside.
12. Drain the pasta and place it on a serving plate.
13. Pour the alfredo sauce on top and place the sliced chicken on top, garnish with dried parsley.
14. Serve with a crusty Italian bread.
Add cornstarch slurry if you need to thicken the sauce.
For the complete recipe watch Part 2
Calories 975 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g71.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 196.3 mg65.4%
Sodium 897 mg37.4%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 74 g147.4%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 25.6% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet