Hot Peppery Chicken Cacciatore
|Fryer chicken||3 Pound, disjointed (1 Piece)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||20 Ounce (One No.2 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Hot red pepper||1 Small|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) With salt and pepper to taste, season the chicken and dredge it in flour.
2) In a skillet, brown the chicken on all sides in a small amount of fat. Remove cooked chicken.
3) In the same skillet, sauté onions in the remaining fat till they are golden.
4) Drain off the excess fat from the skillet and add all remaining ingredients. Mix well and cover. Cook mixture on low flame for 30 to 45 minutes.
5) Add the chicken and cook on low flame for about 60 minutes or till the chicken has tendered.
6) Serve hot.