|Thin veal steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Thinly sliced onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White wine/1/4 cup lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms/1 medium can mushroom stems and pieces||1⁄4 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. On a meat board, cut the veal into 6 serving pieces.
2. Use a Large skillet or Dutch oven.
3. Heat oil.
4. Add garlic and sauté till soft.
5. Brown the veal on both sides and remove to a plate.
6. In the same skittle, add onions and mushrooms and fry till soft and golden brown.
7. Stir in flour and seasonings and cook until well blended with the fat.
8. Pour in wine and lemon juice and blend with the flour, stirring continuously.
9. Cook until the gravy thickens.
10. Return veal pieces to the gravy in the skillet.
11. Pour water and gently stir.
12. Cover the pan and simmer the meat for 40 minutes or until veal is fork tender.
13. Serve Veal Scallopini over hot butter toast or muffins or over bed of rice.