|Tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled and seeded|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||18 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Romaine lettuce hearts||6|
|Parmesan cheese||6 Ounce, thinly shaved with a vegetable peeler|
|Chives||9 , cut in half|
|Croutons||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chile powder||To Taste|
1. To prepare the dressing for the salad, in a blender or food processor, process the tomatoes, anchovies, egg yolk, garlic and vinegar until well blended and smooth in consistency.
2. With the motor running on a low speed, gradually pour in the oil until all is incorporated.
3. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to your taste.
4. To assemble the salad, on 6 chilled plates, make a bed of the lettuce spears.
5. Generously pour the dressing over the spears and arrange 3 chives, 3 anchovy fillets and shaved parmesan on each lettuce bed.
6. Dust the croutons lightly with chili powder and scatter over the salad.
7. Serve immediately.