|Tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled and seeded|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||18 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Romaine lettuce hearts||6|
|Parmesan cheese||6 Ounce, thinly shaved with a vegetable peeler|
|Chives||9 , cut in half|
|Croutons||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chile powder||To Taste|
1. To prepare the dressing for the salad, in a blender or food processor, process the tomatoes, anchovies, egg yolk, garlic and vinegar until well blended and smooth in consistency.
2. With the motor running on a low speed, gradually pour in the oil until all is incorporated.
3. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to your taste.
4. To assemble the salad, on 6 chilled plates, make a bed of the lettuce spears.
5. Generously pour the dressing over the spears and arrange 3 chives, 3 anchovy fillets and shaved parmesan on each lettuce bed.
6. Dust the croutons lightly with chili powder and scatter over the salad.
7. Serve immediately.
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 494
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.7%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.4 mg21.1%
Sodium 1650.1 mg68.8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.8%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 21 g41.9%
Vitamin A 679.8% Vitamin C 147.4%
Calcium 55.8% Iron 27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet