Aubergine And Mozzarella Sandwiches
|Aubergine||1 Large (Eggplant)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||4 1⁄2 Ounce, grated (125 Gram)|
|Sun dried tomatoes||2 , chopped|
1) In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper to taste.
2) Thinly slice the aubergine into rounds, then brush with the lemon juice mixture and grill over medium hot coals for 2-3 minutes until they are golden beneath.
3) Turn over half of the aubergine slices , sprinkle with the cheese and tomatoes. Then top over with rest of the aubergine slices with their pale side up.
4) Grill for 1-2 minutes, then gently turn over the sandwich and grill for 1-2 minutes, basting occasionally with the oil mixture.
5) Serve immediately with the Italian bread, mixed salad leaves and sliced tomato.