Italian Cheese Pie
|Italian ricotta cheese/Small curd cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pistachio nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Citron||1 Tablespoon, slivered|
|Chopped candied orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Take an 8 inch pie plate and using ½ of the pastry line it.
3. Mix all the other ingredients and transfer to a pastry shell.
4. Roll rest of the dough and make into strips. Place over the filling like a lattice.
5. Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or till brown.
6. Serve as such or cool and serve.