|Leeks||4 Large, sliced|
|Potatoes||6 Medium, chopped|
|Ground white pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (With A Pinch Of Sodium Bicarbonate)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. Peel the potatoes for garnish and use a melon scoop to scoop out 32 small balls.If you do not have a scoop, dice the potatoes into equal sized cubes of 1 inch.
2. In a saucepan, boil potatoes in salted water until they are tender but not over cooked.
3. Drain them in a colander and set aside.
4. Immerse the tomatoes in boiling water for 2 minutes.
5. When cool enough to handle, peel the tomato skins and halve and squeeze out seeds and discard.
6. Roughly chop the tomato shells and set aside in a bowl.
7. In a large skillet, melt the butter with oil, over a medium flame.
8. Add leeks to the butter and saute until soft and translucent.
Stir in the chopped tomatoes and simmer, stirring frequently for about 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Further add the chopped potatoes and seasonings and pour in 2 liters of water.
10. Bring to a boil then reduce the flame and simmer for about 25 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
11. Strain the stock into a fresh saucepan.
12. Transfer the strained vegetables to a food processor and blend into a smooth puree.
13. Strain the puree back into the stock and stir to blend well.
14. Place the saucepan over a medium flame and reheat the soup.
When the soup starts to boil, take pan off the heat and stir in the cream.
15. The consistency of the soup should be thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Adjust the consistency by adding a little milk if too thick.
16. Taste and check for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
17. Ladle the hot soup into warm soup plates or bowls.
Garnish with chopped parsley and the boiled potato balls or cubes.
18. Serve the soup with crusty bread.
Calories 692 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.4 mg13.5%
Sodium 784.5 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.7%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 89% Vitamin C 196.2%
Calcium 25% Iron 35.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet