Spaghetti with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Black Olive Pesto
|For black olive pesto|
|Seeded black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Pine nuts/Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Grated parmesan||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Small button mushrooms||250 Gram, stems removed|
|Baby corn||300 Gram, cut into half on the slant|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, sliced|
|Sun dried tomatoes in oil||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely sliced (Commercial)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely sliced|
|Fresh red chilies||1 Small, seeded and finely chopped|
1. To prepare the black olive pesto, in a food processor jar, combine all ingredients except the oil and salt.
2. Blend, pulsing in short burst so that the ingredients are coarsely pureed.
3. With the motor running at a low speed, gradually pour in the oil in a steady and thin stream so that it gets incorporated into the puree to form a thick emulsion.
4. Season the person with salt and continue processing till it is well blended into a fine paste.
5. Empty into a bowl and set aside until serving.
6. In a large saucepan, plunge the spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water and cook till al dente.
7. Refresh under tap water and drain in a colander.
8. Transfer into a serving bowl and toss with oil to prevent the spaghetti from sticking.
9. In another small saucepan, blanch mushrooms and baby corn for 1 to 2 minutes and bell pepper for 1 minute in boiling salted water.
10. Refresh and drain the vegetables thoroughly.
11. Add the blanched vegetables, sun-dried tomatoes and preservation oil, garlic and chili to the spaghetti and toss well using two large forks.
12. Heap the spaghetti into 2 deep dish plates.
13. Top with the prepared pesto and serve at room temperature.
Calories 2926 Calories from Fat 1852
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 213 g328.2%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g125.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.7 mg4.6%
Sodium 1886.8 mg78.6%
Total Carbohydrates 224 g74.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g64.7%
Sugars 31.2 g
Protein 55 g109.4%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 150.4%
Calcium 31.7% Iron 60.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet