Very berry tiramisu...make it just for one or for one hundred people. Berry sauce recipe included!
For the berry sauce
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), roughly chopped
Juice of lemon
1 Medium, juiced
2 Tablespoon (Adjust according to your taste)
For the cream
Fat free cream cheese/Mascapone cheese
8 Ounce (at room temperature)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 Pinch (Optional)
Fat free cool whip
2 Cup (32 tbs)
For the tiramisu
Lady finger cookies
Chocolate powder/Cocoa powder
2 Tablespoon (to sprinkle on top)
1. Into a pot add 1 and 1/2 cups of mixed berries, juice squeezed from one lemon (seeds taken out), brown sugar. Heat it till the sugar melts.
2. Keep the prepared berry sauce aside to cool. When the sauce completely cools, spoon out as much liquid from it as possible and set it aside in a separate bowl.
3. In a large bowl, add fat free cream cheese (kept at room temperature), sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Mix to combine all the ingredients well.
4. Add the whipping cream (cool whip), stir gently and set aside (or refrigerate until the rest of the ingredients are prepared).
5. Meanwhile, in the microwave oven slightly warm the liquid taken out of the berry sauce.
6. Take a glass bowl and layer the bottom with lady fingers dipped in the liquid (warmed slightly in the microwave oven), topped with a second layer of the cream over it followed by the berry sauce.
7. Repeat the layers till you finish the top of the bowl with a layer of the cream.
8. Top the tiramisu with chocolate or cocoa powder or any other toppings such as chocolate swirls or shredded chocolate.
9. Refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours before serving.
10. Serve chilled.
The Tiramisu can be made with your favorite choice of fruits.
Here is an excellent video that shares a terrific tiramisu recipe which is alcohol free and even your kids would love to eat. Look at this video and prepare this super simple tiramisu with a twist. Great way to pamper your family and friends with this delightful treat. Check it out....