Thanksgiving Farfalle is a woderful Italian dish with the farfalle pasta tossed in an amazing sauce with spinach, butternut squash, porcini mushrooms, shallot and seasonings. Try out this falulous Thanksgiving Farfalle with your family and enjoy!!
2 Small, peeled and cubed into small pieces
1 , diced
10 Ounce (1 Bag)
Reconstituted porcini mushrooms
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Mushroom soaking liquid
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Red pepper flakes
1 Pound (Cooked Al Dente)
1) Coat the butternut squash with olive oil and salt and pepper.
2) Roast the squash for approximately 20-30 minutes until it is nicely browned and set aside.
3) In a saute pan, brown the shallots in olive oil and add the spinach then cook until wilted.
4) Add the porcini mushrooms and season with salt and pepper then add the butternut squash.
5) Add the porcini mushroom liquid,chicken stock and cook for about 6-7 minutes.
6) Then add the cream and reduce for another 5 minutes.
7) Toss with the pasta and sprinkle with Parmegiano Reggiano.
This video is a creation of chef-ellie-espo. You can visit chef-ellie-espo for complete recipes, and more videos.
Thanksgiving is an all-American holiday but you can add some great Italian-style recipes to your Thanksgiving dinner such as this farfalle pasta dish that has the colors and flavors of the season and makes a great side dish for your holiday roast. The little bow pasta is tossed in an amazing rich sauce with spinach, roasted butternut squash, earthy porcini mushrooms, sweet caramelized shallot and Italian spices and seasonings. This fabulous pasta dish definitely deserves to be a part of a Thanksgiving meal!