Roasted Butternut Squash and Spinach Farfalle
|Butternut squash||2 Small, peeled and cubed into small pieces|
|Shallot||1 , diced|
|Spinach||10 Ounce (1 Bag)|
|Reconstituted porcini mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mushroom soaking liquid||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Farfalle||1 Pound (Cooked Al Dente)|
1) Coat the butternut squash with olive oil and salt and pepper.
2) Roast the squash for approximately 20-30 minutes until it is nicely browned and set aside.
3) In a saute pan, brown the shallots in olive oil and add the spinach then cook until wilted.
4) Add the porcini mushrooms and season with salt and pepper then add the butternut squash.
5) Add the porcini mushroom liquid,chicken stock and cook for about 6-7 minutes.
6) Then add the cream and reduce for another 5 minutes.
7) Toss with the pasta and sprinkle with Parmegiano Reggiano.
This video is a creation of chef-ellie-espo. You can visit chef-ellie-espo for complete recipes, and more videos.
Calories 818 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.8 mg0.9%
Sodium 343.2 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 171 g56.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.7%
Sugars 24.1 g
Protein 30 g60.6%
Vitamin A 1099.3% Vitamin C 193.2%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet