Pasta with Cauliflower
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Rotolio)|
|Cauliflower florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Asparagus||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chop|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Roma tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Basil leaves||4 Small|
|For the pasta|
|Angel hair pasta||12 Ounce, boil|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|For the garnish|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (pasta water)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash and clean the cauliflower florets, chop the asparagus and onions, finely chop the garlic, dice the roma tomatoes and keep everything aside separately.
2. In a pan sauté the cauliflower floret and asparagus with extra virgin olive oil.
3. Add the onions and garlic, sauté until crisp tender season with salt and pepper.
4. After 5 minutes add the roma tomatoes and sugar, sauté for few more minutes and add the basil, sauté for few more minutes, turn off the heat
5. In the meantime boil the pasta in salted water and cook for 3 minutes or until al dente.
6. Drain the water from the pasta and transfer it to a large serving bowl.
7. Top the cauliflower mixture over the pasta drizzle some olive oil, pasta water and parmesan cheese on top.
8. Serve the pasta with cauliflower hot.
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.5 mg0.8%
Sodium 127.1 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 33.2%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet