Guilt Free Spaghetti alla Carbonara
|Prosciutto||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cut into 1/4 inch dices|
|Spaghetti||13 Ounce (carb protected spaghetti)|
|Egg substitute||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated pecorino romano||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil spray||2 Dash|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add in the pasta and cook for about one minute less than the time mentioned on the package.
2. Heat a large skillet on medium heat and spray with the olive oil spray. Add in the prosciutto and cook until it becomes crispy. Turn off the heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add the egg substitute along with the grated cheeses. Season with salt and whisk vigorously until it combines well and becomes a homogeneous mixture. Add in the pepper and mix.
4. Return the pan with prosciutto on medium low heat and add the cooked pasta to it. Toss to coat well.
5. Pour in the egg substitute and cheese mixture into the pasta stirring vigorously until it starts resembling a cream sauce. After about a minute, remove from the heat before the eggs start scrambling.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.