Pork Cutlets with Roasted Tomatoes And Arugula
|Boneless pork chops||2 , pounded (Halved)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Baby arugula||1 Bag (1 kg)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint, halved|
|Shallots||2 , thinly sliced|
|Sherry vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) Place sherry vinegar, maple vinegar, orange juice and sugar in a small sauce pan. Reduce until syrupy,about 10-15 minutes.
2) Begin by roasting cherry tomatoes and shallots on a baking sheet. Drizzle the cherry tomatoes and shallots with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Set aside.
3) Prepare the pork cutlets. Mix egg and milk together in one bowl.
4) Seasoned flour in another bowl. Panko crumbs in another bowl.
5) Dip the pork cutlets into the flour, then the milk and egg mixture. And then the bread crumbs, pressing to adhere.
6) Saute the cutlets in preheated olive oil until golden brown. Place the cutlets on a paper towel to drain. And keep warm while assembling the salad.
7) Lightly dress your arugula, tomatoes and shallots with a plain vinaigrette if you desire.
8) Place a handful of the salad on each cutlet. Drizzle with the sherry reduction and season with salt and pepper then serve with chards of manchego cheese or parmigiano reggiano.
Calories 1222 Calories from Fat 467
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 278.9 mg93%
Sodium 603.5 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.4%
Sugars 37.4 g
Protein 81 g161.6%
Vitamin A 275.9% Vitamin C 206.7%
Calcium 95.7% Iron 69%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet