Chitarrine with Pancetta and Brussel Sprouts is a great pasta using the leaves of the sprouts. This pasta is wonderfully flavoured with Parmigiano Reggiano and has lots of brussel sprouts and dried porcini mushrooms. Try out this amazing Chitarrine With Pancetta And Brussel Sprouts and enjoy!
Whole wheat pasta
1⁄2 Pound (Organic variety, can substitute spaghetti or linguine)
Brussel sprout package
2 , washed (dried and leaves removed)
1 Clove (5 gm), thinly sliced
1 , thinly sliced
Dried porcini mushroom
1 Ounce, reconstituted (save the liquid)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Salt and pepper
Hot pepper flakes
1) Begin by having salted boiling water and cook the pasta al dente.
2) In a saute pan place the olive oil and heat.
3) To the saute pan now add the onion and saute until nicely browned.
4) Now throw in the garlic and cook just until translucent.
5) Add the pancetta and cook until nicely browned, stirring frequently, add more olive oil if required.
6) Add the brussel sprout leaves and cook until wilted.
7) On a cutting board roughly chop the porcini mushrooms and add them to the pan. Add about 2 Tbls of the reserved soaking liquid from the mushrooms.
8) Season with salt and pepper and the hot pepper flakes.
9) Now add your pasta to the saute pan with some of the liquid clinging to the strands of pasta.
10) Mix thoroughly and add cheese to taste.
This pasta dish screams “Autumn” and is a great way of using the leaves of the Brussels sprouts. This pasta tossed with brussel sprouts and mushrooms is wonderfully flavored with crispy bits of salty pancetta and Parmigiano Reggiano. It makes a comforting weeknight meal that takes little time to make and is a perfect meal when paired with a salad.
Chitarrine With Pancetta And Brussel Sprouts Recipe Video