Mussels with Pancetta and White Wine is the best dunking juice in the world wonderfully garnished with the chopped Italian parsley. The dish is nicely blended and flavoured with the mussels, onions, garlic, pepper, pancetta and white wine. Try out the Mussels with Pancetta and White Wine and have fun!!
1 Pound, scrubbed
Medium diced onion
5 Clove (25 gm), thinly sliced
1 Small, chopped finely
4 Small, dice
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1) In a saute pan,render the pancetta and add chopped onion, garlic along with olive oil. Saute until translucent.
2) Combine with hot pepper and stir with the onions and garlic.
3) Now add the mussels season with salt and pepper, then add the thyme sprigs.
4) Add the seafood stock, white wine and the mussels. Stir to coat all the mussels with the liquid.
5) Place a lid on the saute pan, and cook the mussels for about 8 to 10 minutes.
6) Cook until the mussels open, stirring in between. When the mussels open remove with a slotted spoon to a serving dish.
7) Let the broth reduce slightly and swirl in the butter. Correct the seasoning and pour the broth over the mussels.
8) Serve with a garnish of chopped Italian parsley.
Mussels are a delicious, yet inexpensive seafood meal. Watch Chef Ellie Espo show you how to make poached mussels with salty pancetta in a beautiful garlic flavored wine sauce, the perfect marriage of flavors! When served with a hunk of crusty bread to dunk into the broth, it is a real treat. This gorgeous seafood dish makes a wonderful light meal or an elegant appetizer and is a seafood lovers delight!