Penne With Eggplant,Mozzarella And San Marzano Tomatoes is a great way to use your garden eggplant using a quick pan sauce. This is a wonderful Italian main dish with the eggpalnt, tomatoes and cheeses. The Penne With Eggplant,Mozzarella And San Marzano Tomatoes is nicely flavoured with the basil, onion, garlic and crushed red pepper. Try out this delious pasta and enjoy!!
1 , cubed
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Clove (5 gm), thinly sliced
Crushed red pepper
Salt and pepper
6 , chiffonade
San marzano tomatoes
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Canned tomatoes)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Grated parmigiano reggiano
Cooked penne rigate
1) Start by caramelizing your onion in a saute pan with extra virgin olive oil.
2) Then add the eggplant and caramelize that also until the eggplant is soft.
3) Saute the garlic, but do not brown.
4) Add your San Marzano tomatoes, crushing them with your hands or the back of a spoon.
5) Season with salt and pepper and your desired amount of crushed red pepper.
6) Continue to cook the sauce until the tomatoes cook down slightly, stirring often. Cook the sauce for about 10 minutes then add the basil.
7) Add the pasta and take the pan off the heat and throw in the cubed mozzarella and mix together
8)Serve with grated cheese on top and enjoy!