Pan Seared Scallops over Roasted Pepper Pesto is an amazing main dish with the seared scallops served with the wonderfully flavoured pesto. A perfect blend of roasted red pepper, almonds, basil and oregano. This Pan Seared Scallops over Roasted Pepper Pesto can be enjoyed on it's own or in the sandwiches with the salads . Try out and enjoy!!
Dry boat scallops
Salt and pepper
Ingredients for pesto:
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
4 , torn
Fresh oregano leaves/Thyme
Method for pesto:
1) In a food processor or blender,process the almonds and roasted peppers to a puree.
2) Add the basil leaves and other herbs and process while drizzling in olive oil. Process to a smooth consistency.Correct seasoning with salt and pepper.
3) If the pesto is too thick,thin it with a little water or vegetable broth.
4) Place spoonfulls of pesto on a platter and space evenly for each scallop.
Method for searing scallops:
5) In a iron skillet or a stainless steel saute pan (Do not use a non-stick saute pan)
6) Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. Place olive oil in your saute pan and get it nice and hot.
7) Add your butter, and place your scallops in your pan, do not crowd the scallops. Sear 2 minute per side,turn only once and be sure not to move the scallops.
8) Plate your perfectly seared scallops on your pool of roasted pepper pesto. Garnish with basil leaves and roasted pepper strips and enjoy!
This simple and beautiful scallop dish using fresh seafood scallops over a red-pepper pesto, a blend of roasted red pepper, almonds, basil and oregano. This perfect summer seafood dish will transport you to a Mediterranean beach with sun, sand and surf. It has the gorgeous flavors of the sea, is light and refreshing. Cooking scallops perfectly can be quite a challenge. Watch the video to learn how to cook them just right to create and spectacular dish that will wow your guests.