Pan Seared Scallops Over Roasted Pepper Pesto
|Dry boat scallops||1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet butter||1 Teaspoon|
|Ingredients for pesto:|
|Ground almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||4 , torn|
|Fresh oregano leaves/Thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||To Taste|
Method for pesto:
1) In a food processor or blender,process the almonds and roasted peppers to a puree.
2) Add the basil leaves and other herbs and process while drizzling in olive oil. Process to a smooth consistency.Correct seasoning with salt and pepper.
3) If the pesto is too thick,thin it with a little water or vegetable broth.
4) Place spoonfulls of pesto on a platter and space evenly for each scallop.
Method for searing scallops:
5) In a iron skillet or a stainless steel saute pan (Do not use a non-stick saute pan)
6) Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. Place olive oil in your saute pan and get it nice and hot.
7) Add your butter, and place your scallops in your pan, do not crowd the scallops. Sear 2 minute per side,turn only once and be sure not to move the scallops.
8) Plate your perfectly seared scallops on your pool of roasted pepper pesto. Garnish with basil leaves and roasted pepper strips and enjoy!