Roasted Beets And Goat Cheese Towers With Chef Ellie Espo
|Beets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Goat cheese||12 Ounce (1 Log)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Flavored breadcrumb||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cubed pancetta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baby salad greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raspberry vinegar||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried chervil||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Begin by roasting the beets. Place the beets on foil lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
2) Then tent with another piece of foil and roast for about 1-1/2 hours at 375 degrees. The beets can be roasted the night before.
3) Peel and slice the beets and set aside. You will need about 12-15 slices of beets.
Method for goat cheese:
4) Place the log of goat cheese in the freezer to get very firm (about 30 minutes)
5) Slice the goat cheese into disks and flatten slightly with your fingers and roll the disks in the egg and breadcrumbs.
6) Place on a nonstick baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes at 325 degrees until lightly browned.
7) When done lightly tent the goat cheese with foil to keep warm.
8) Cut the pancetta into a small dice and crisp in a saute pan with a little olive oil. Save the drippings for
Method for dressing:
9) Place vinegars in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper and wisk in the honey and the chervil. Add the pancetta drippings. Then while wisking, drizzle in the olive oil.
10) Place the green on salad plates and assemble the towers,starting with the beets,then the cheese and then the beets.
11) Plate the tower on the greens and sprinkle with the pancetta and season with sea salt and cracked pepper then drizzle with the vinaigrette and garnish with toasted walnuts and the fresh raspberries and enjoy!
Calories 1209 Calories from Fat 751
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g131.2%
Saturated Fat 32 g160.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.9 mg54.6%
Sodium 2078.8 mg86.6%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.7%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 44 g87.3%
Vitamin A 48.5% Vitamin C 30.8%
Calcium 93.7% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet