Chicken Piccata With Chef Ellie Espo
|Chicken cutlets||4 , pounded|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For dredging)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Juice of lemon||1|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For garnishing)|
1) Dredge the chicken in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
2) Saute the chicken in the olive oil and 1 Tablespoons of butter, transfer to a platter.
3) In a saute pan add the remaining Tablespoons of butter add the garlic and lightly brown.
4) Whisk in 2 Tablespoons of flour to make a roux. Add the white wine and whisk to prevent lumps.
5) Add the chicken broth and the lemon juice. Let cook until slightly thickened then correct the seasoning.
6) Swirl in the lemon slices and capers. Cook for another minute and return the chicken to the saute pan to heat through.
7) Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.8 mg12.6%
Sodium 442.8 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 30.8%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet