Holly gets the first bite of her cousin's Italian Christmas dinner: braciole with "Sunday gravy."
1 Large, cut into 1/4 thick (round beef steak)
Salt and pepper
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
6 Cup (96 tbs)
1. On a clean worktable, place the steak and rub it with salt and pepper, all over the meat.
2. Sprinkle nuts, cheese and herbs all over the meat.
3. Starting from the short end roll the meat tightly and secure it with butcher’s twine.
4. In an ovenproof hot skillet, place the rolled meat and sear well until browned on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Place the skillet in the oven and broil for about 15 minutes or until the meat is tender.
6. Remove from the oven.
7. In a pot, bring gravy to boil and place the rolled meat and simmer for 5 minutes basting the meat with gravy.
8. Remove the Braciole and cut it into slices.
9. Serve the slice Braciole in serving plate and spoon gravy on top.