|Plain flour||1 Pound (450 Gram / 1 Pound)|
|Easy blend yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Sachet)|
|Warm water||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter / 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Olive oil||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon)|
|Red peppers||2 Large, seeded and sliced|
|Yellow peppers||2 Large, seeded and sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can / 400 Gram)|
|Pitted black olives||8 , halved|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. To make the dough, sift the flour and salt into a bowl and stir in the yeast. Stir in just enough warm water to mix to a soft dough.
2. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Cover and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
3. To make the topping, fry the onion in the oil until soft, then stir in the peppers, garlic and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until no free liquid remains. Season to taste.
4. Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F/ Gas 8. Divide the dough in half and press out each piece on a lightly oiled baking sheet to a 28 cm / 11 in round, turning up the edges slightly.
5. Spread over the topping, dot with olives and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot or cold with salad.