Italian Olive Bread
|Strong plain flour||12 Ounce (340 Gram)|
|Dried yeast||1 Teaspoon (Use Easy Blend Variety)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Black olives||4 , stoned and chopped|
|Sun dried tomatoes in oil||3 , chopped|
|Powdered rock salt||To Taste (Or Crushed)|
1. Place the flour and salt in a bowl and sprinkle over the yeast and thyme. Make a well in the centre and pour in 7 fl oz (200 ml) of warm water and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
2. Mix to a dough and knead on a floured surface for 10 minutes, until elastic (or use a food processor or a mixer with a dough attachment).
3. Place the dough in a large oiled polythene bag. Seal and leave in a warm place for about 2 hours, or until the dough has doubled in size.
4. Turn out the dough on a floured surface and knead lightly. Flatten with your hands. Sprinkle over the olives and tomatoes and knead in until well distributed. Shape the dough into a long oval and place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375°F/190?C/ Gas 5.
5. When risen, press your finger several times into the dough, drizzle over the remaining oil and sprinkle with the salt. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the loaf is golden and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.