Peach Marsala Ice
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ripe peaches||2 1⁄2 Pound, diced (Peeled, Pitted)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Marsala wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Combine the water and the sugar in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Simmer the syrup, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Cool the syrup completely.
2. Working in batches if necessary, place the peaches, lemon juice and the syrup in a food processor. Cover; whirl until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the Marsala.
3. Pour the fruit puree mixture into an 8-inch square metal pan. Freeze the puree until almost frozen, for 2 to 4 hours; stir it several times, especially around the edges, so it freezes evenly.
4. Transfer the ice to the food processor or a large chilled bowl. Quickly process or beat the ice with an electric mixer until the ice is smooth and fluffy. Return the ice to the pan. Freeze the ice for 30 minutes. Process or beat the ice again until smooth and fluffy.
5. Freeze the ice, tightly covered, until almost firm, for 1 to 2 hours. If the ice freezes solid, soften in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.