Smoked Salmon Pancakes with Pesto
|Skimmed milk||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter Or 1/2 Cup)|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce (115 Grams Or 1 Cup)|
|Pesto sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Creme fraiche||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter Or 7/8 Cup)|
|Smoked salmon||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Pine nuts||15 Milliliter, toasted (1 Tablespoon)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Basil sprig||16 (For Garnish)|
1. Pour half of the milk into a mixing bowl. Add the flour, egg, pesto sauce and seasoning, and mix to a smooth batter.
2. Add the remainder of the milk and stir until evenly blended.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Spoon the pancake mixture into the heated oil in small heaps. Allow about 30 seconds for the pancakes to rise, then turn and cook briefly on the other side. Continue cooking the pancakes in batches until all the batter is used up.
4. Arrange the pancakes on a serving plate and top each one with a spoonful of crime fraiche.
5. Cut the salmon into 1 cm / 1/2 in strips and place on top of each pancake.
6. Scatter each pancake with pine nuts and garnish with a sprig of fresh basil before serving.