Rosemary And Olive Oil Focaccia
|White bread flour||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Fast acting yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (7 Grams Sachet)|
|Chopped fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon (Plus Extra For Sprinkling)|
|Sea salt||1 Tablespoon (Plus Extra For Sprinkling)|
|Warm water||9 Fluid Ounce (275 Milliliter)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Plus Extra For Drizzling)|
1. Combine the flour, yeast, rosemary and salt into the bowl of a food mixer and add the water and oil. Set the mixer to low and work the ingredients together to form a soft dough. Increase the speed to high and knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
2. Shape into a ball, place in an oiled bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled.
3. Knock back the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to form a round. Press the dough into a 25 cm (10 inch) ovenproof frying pan or cake tin. Cover with oiled clingfilm and leave to rise for 1 hour.
4. Using your fingers press indentations over the dough. Cover with oiled clingfilm and leave to rise for a final 30 minutes until well risen.
5. Sprinkle the dough with a little salt, drizzle with a little oil and scatter over some rosemary. Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6, for about 25 minutes until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack and serve warm.