Simple. Delicious. Classic. Linguine with Garlic & Oil is a classic comfort food ... this recipe kicks it up with a little parsley, red pepper flakes, and toasted pine nuts.
For the pasta
1 Pound (Whole wheat linguine)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Teaspoon (boiled in salt water)
For the sauce
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required)
10 Clove (50 gm), sliced
Red pepper flakes
1 Teaspoon, crushed
1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped
For the garnish
1 Tablespoon, grated
1. Peel and slice the garlic.
2. Toast the pine nuts in a small pan, until they are lightly toasted, set aside.
3. Take a pot and boil water. Once the water begins to boil, add salt and add the whole wheat linguine pasta. Boil for about 12 minutes and drain. Set aside.
4. In a frying pan heat over a medium heat and add olive oil and sauté the garlic slices.
5. Once they start to become golden and fragrant add red pepper flakes. If required add more olive oil.
6. Add the boiled and drained linguine pasta in to this pan with the garlic and oil. Toss it and get it nicely coated with the olive oil and garlic.
7. Add the toasted pine nuts and the chopped parsley and toss it well.
8. Serve warm garnished with some grated fontina cheese.