Garlic and Oil Linguine
|For the pasta|
|Linguine pasta||1 Pound (Whole wheat linguine)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (boiled in salt water)|
|For the sauce|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required)|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm), sliced|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Pine nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
|Parsley leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|For the garnish|
|Fontina cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
1. Peel and slice the garlic.
2. Toast the pine nuts in a small pan, until they are lightly toasted, set aside.
3. Take a pot and boil water. Once the water begins to boil, add salt and add the whole wheat linguine pasta. Boil for about 12 minutes and drain. Set aside.
4. In a frying pan heat over a medium heat and add olive oil and sauté the garlic slices.
5. Once they start to become golden and fragrant add red pepper flakes. If required add more olive oil.
6. Add the boiled and drained linguine pasta in to this pan with the garlic and oil. Toss it and get it nicely coated with the olive oil and garlic.
7. Add the toasted pine nuts and the chopped parsley and toss it well.
8. Serve warm garnished with some grated fontina cheese.
Calories 470 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.4%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.1 mg8.4%
Sodium 29.3 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet