Bolognese Style Pork Ragu over Spaghetti Squash
|Ground pork||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Finely chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed garlic/1 cloves garlic, minced||1 Teaspoon, prepared|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned low sodium chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spaghetti squash||4 Pound|
|Grated parmesan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (optional)|
1. Brown pork in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes over medium heat or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic, cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste and Italian seasoning.
2. Stir in broth. Reduce heat. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add half-and-half; cook, stirring constantly, until hot. Skim off excess fat.
4. Meanwhile, pierce spaghetti squash several times with knife. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 15 minutes until squash is tender (squash will yield when pressed with finger). Let cool 10 to 15 minutes. Cut in half, scoop out and discard seeds. Separate flesh into strands with fork; keep squash warm.
5. Serve 1/2 cup meat sauce over 1 cup spaghetti squash. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan, if desired.